In 2004 the Austrian Ischgl is only known in the Netherlands by the ‘die-hard’ skier. Ten years later, this destination is on every snow overview, stands on every list of most popular snow destinations and on many ‘wish-lists’. A powerful example of making choices and consistent PR.
Ischgl.com – Relax. If you can…
On the ‘bucket list’
More brand awareness
In 2003 CommuniGate is appointed as PR agency for the Dutch market. The most important goal is: to create brand awareness among all relevant target groups. The underlying objective is to increase the number of Dutch tourists to Paznaun-Ischgl.
Rihanna and Robbie Williams
Ischgl chooses for a tight marketing & PR strategy and creates awareness with open air concerts at the beginning and end of the winter sport season. Numerous international artists were on stage, like Rihanna, Robbie Williams, Katy Perry, Sting, Tina Turner, Lionel Richie and Elton John.
The PR message consequently focuses on fixed themes: newsworthy events, quality and snow guarantee of the ski resort, the lifestyle character of the resort, high quality gastronomy and the amazing outdoor sport activities in summer.
Story-pitching, creative concepts and more
Besides story-pitching at relevant media, we work with different tools and concepts every year to present Ischgl and Paznaun valley:
- Story-pitching with selected themes, customized and tailored to different media
- Creative concepts (e.g. composing a Dutch Celebrity Team with racer Robert Doornbos for participation in the Ischgl Cart Trophy)
- Story-pitching around Dutch chefs cooking in a mountain hut
- Frequent press trips with varied themes
- Blog, bloggers and native advertising
- Close cooperation with relevant winter sport portals like SnowPlaza.nl, Wintersporters.nl, Skiinfo and ShowRepublic.com
- Hosting the annual ski-, snowboard and gear-test of Wintersporters.nl
- Active distribution of content (image, text and video)
- Frequent press releases
- Joint-promotion activities with external brands
- Social media support (Facebook and Twitter)
- Strong growth market-share. After Germany, the Netherlands is the 1st foreign market
- Great brand awareness among winter sports people, Ischgl is considered as THE lifestyle destination of the Alps
- Since 2010 special Transavia flights to Innsbruck for the opening weekend of Ischgl
- More than 250 Dutch journalists and bloggers have visited Ischgl
- Publications and exposure in all Dutch national media, on TV and winter sport websites
- 3500 Participants in game-competition with newspaper De Telegraaf
- Fashion shoots with e.g. Elegance
- MTV/TMF Snowkicks – interview with Katy Perry, TMF Wat te doen voor je poen with actor/host Sascha Visser